NRPU01 Remote Pick Up Unit
This RPU (Remote Pick-up System) has been engineered by combining sound quality, compact size, versatility and considerable power for its size. The 3 XLR input connectors can be used either for microphones or as “line” inputs just by moving a switch. All the “Inputs” are adjustable as level as well as the 2 monitor headphones outputs. A multi-function meter indicates the forward power, the reflected power, the modulation level and the status of the batteries.
On the side of the unit, as visible in the picture, (side view) there are two rows of rotary switches that can be set on two different frequencies; this way, once the frequencies are set, even the most unskilled operator can switch F1 to F2 on the front panel and a LED will indicate which one is operating. The RPU can also handle AC voltage from 100V to 240V without the need of any voltage selector. At the same time, it is possible to power the unit through a car battery by using the external battery input connector. To further simplify the operation, another switch on the front panel, will change the output power from full (100%) to low (20%); this is a very useful feature to spare battery life when operating in the field.
A practical belt battery pack is offered as an option; it supplies 12VAC @ 12Amps for long self-sufficient operation.
The NRPU01 can operate with various antenna possibilities; as seen in the picture, a whip antenna can be directly connected to the unit which makes it really portable, although it does not offer much gain. In this configuration the studio must be in optical view and not too far. If operating from a car, it is possible to insert the whip antenna on a magnetic base that will be attached to the roof of the car providing a good reflection plane for better performance. If operating in the field from a fixed location, then it’s advisable to use a light directional antenna as seen in the picture, so that the gain provided will allow for more distance and better signal level.
The receiver is a one-rack space unit and needs a directional external antenna with the capability of being directed toward the RPU transmitting unit. The audio output is connected to the main studio to be sent on the air when needed. The NRPU01 can have a sub-audio tone (optional) that can close a contact on the receiver so that it is possible to give a remote command from the field for whatever purpose.
- Frequency agile transmitter and receiver
- Low power/High power switch
- 2 frequencies pre-set capability
- 10-30 W output depending on frequency
- Quick frequency change by front panel switch
- 27 Hz sub-tone (optional)
- Externally programmable in 25 Khz steps; other steps upon request
- Frequencies: from 150 Mhz to 960 Mhz in 20 Mhz ranges
- Frequency stability : ± 0.00025% , 0 to 50 C (32 to 122 F)
- Output Impedance & Connector: Type “N” female 50 Ohms
- Frequency setting: 2 frequencies with rotary switches
- Frequency selection: F1-F2 switch on front panel
- Power output: 10-12 Watts standard; 20-Watts upon request
- Maximum Frequency Deviation: 25 Khz standard; other upon request
- Signal to noise ratio: 60dB with microphone input at ± 25 Khz
- Deviation 70dB or better with line input At ±25 Khz deviation
- Harmonic Frequencies Level (ref. to carrier): < -65 dB
- Spurious Frequencies Level (ref. to carrier): < -80 dB
- Audio Input: 3 Microphone inputs at -70dBm to -40 dBm, 150-500 ohms balanced XLR-3 conn. and transformer coupled input, level control provided. Switchable to high level line inputs, -20dBm to + 10 dBm, 600 ohms balanced.
- Audio Frequency Response: 50 Hz to 15 Khz for ± 25 Khz Dev. ( 1 dB roll off)
- Peak Modulation Limiter: Built-in
- Distortion (THD): < 1% @ 25 Khz deviation
- Power Supply operating voltage : 100 –240 V direct input power consumption 50 / 70 VA
- External Power Supply: 12-15 V through side connector
- Battery Operation: optional 2 battery belt 12 V 12A
- Weight 10 Lbs / 4.5 kg
- Width 8.7”/ 220mm
- Height 3.4” / 90mm
- Depth 11” / 280mm